Tuesday, March 29, 2011

21 things I'd like to accomplish or tell my 37 year-old self

Awhile ago, I made a list of things I'd like to tell my 17 year-old self, so I thought I would fast forward 10 years and make a similar list. Erika at 37, here goes.

  1. Travel as much as your bank account affords.
  2. Buy a home.
  3. Decorate that home prettily. Make one room unapologetically girly.
  4. Be happy and content with work. We spend far too many hours in the office, so we better enjoy those hours, right?
  5. Learn how to sew.
  6. 37 is the new 27.
  7. Still adore your amazing friends.
  8. Grow a garden for fresh, tasty ingredients to use for all the recipes you're still experimenting with!
  9. Get hitched to my adorable fella.
  10. Have a babe or two.
  11. Enjoy motherhood. I hear it flies by, so soak it up.
  12. But also plan "us" time and let the grandparents take care of the kiddos.
  13. Keep running.
  14. At some point, take at least a month off of work and go on an adventure.
  15. You better not be shopping at Forever 21. Sure, an item here and there at 27 is acceptable, but 37 is another story.
  16. Kam is going to be graduating from high school. (eek!) Convince him that UW is the place to be.
  17. Remember Facebook? That was (is still?) huge.
  18. Remember leggings/skinny jeans/oversized sunglasses/large purses? (I wonder what 2021 fashion will bring?)
  19. Continue to take lots of photos. They are so fun to look back on.
  20. Never underestimate the power of a healthy glass of red wine. It works wonders.
  21. Remember that at the end of the day, the only thing that really matters is having the people you love in your life.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails