- The wallpaper was dirty and dinghy. It was splitting on almost every seam and on the black wallpaper, they masked the cracks on the seams by coloring the wall with sharpie. Clever? Yes. Classy? No.
- The vanity was also dinghy.
- The mirrored racetrack lighting was just not pretty.
- The outlets only worked when the lights were on.
- The mirror cabinet didn't open well without a yank, which always made me think it would shatter in my hands.
- The chair rail looked weird around the outlet. (As you can see above)
- The ceiling was wallpapered. I mean, that's less of an aesthetic problem and more of "pain in my rear for trying to get it down" problem.
Like the hole-in-the-wall toilet paper holder?
Under the wallpaper, we were surprised with many years worth of paint. Pink, orange, and even some purple flowered wallpaper!
The original floors are great. The dirty vanity on the other hand, not so great.
This is after the first layer of wallpaper was off. Then we had to do 1-2 more rounds of scraping and sanding! I wouldn't wish this process on my greatest enemy.
Coming soon: The Finished Bathroom!