Monday, October 31, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Golly, I love the issues I work on. (Yes, I just said golly.) This video makes me want to adopt enough kids to make a soccer team. But then again, I'm not sure how they'd fit in my one bedroom apartment. Warning: you might need a tissue.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
If you were to pick one out, which one would you get? I think I'd opt for a neutral shade of some sort that can easily adapt to any bathroom decor. Maybe this one or this one? Or the one up top. Man, I'm bad with decisions.
Monday, October 24, 2011
The "smashing (confused?) pumpkins" pose.
The "pumpkins make me laugh sooo much and me-want-to crush-pumpkin" pose.
The "I wanna jump with my pumpkin, but my feet are stuck in cement" pose.
The "final attempt at jumping before we ask ourselves, why are we jumping with pumpkins?" pose.
Note: There were no pumpkins harmed in this photo shoot. Just a group of twenty-somethings trying to figure out how best to pose for the camera in a pumpkin patch, and for the most part, failing miserably (or succeeding - beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yeah?). Very reminiscent of last year. We'll grow up eventually, I promise.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Mom, thanks for capturing so many good ones! Especially the one below of Suze :)
(P.S. Did you notice I got my skirt, but for half off! Score.)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
1 lb. of ground turkey
About a half of a diced jalapeno (leftover from egg bake, needed to use!)
Some diced red pepper (leftover)
Some diced green onion (also leftover)
Some lime juice
And the kicker? Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (say 3 peppers, scooping in extra sauce?)
Toppings & Buns
Arugula - another key ingredient
Sharp White Cheddar
Whatever slider buns you can find (our store only had 1 option)
Since I trust you know how to cook burgers, I'll spare you actual directions. Now what are your waiting for? Go home and make some sliders!
Monday, October 17, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
I realize that everyone and their sister has posted a "keep calm" saying at one point or another, but I felt this one was very fitting for two reasons:
- At the end of any busy week, I find myself muttering this under my breath.
- This is my poker face. For every hand. Calm with a giant smile. And guess what? Tonight is poker night! It's been far too long, so I'm pretty jazzed about it. Wish I would have had the chance to make these babies to bring!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend! TGIF.
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Basically, we rotate hosts, who then picks a food theme and we all bring a dish that corresponds. Maddie so graciously offered to host last weekend and picked "brunch for dinner" as her theme. Cha-CHING! I love brunch food. On the mouth-watering menu? Well, prepare yourself to get hungry:
- Pomegranate mimosas, with prosecco, pomegranate seeds and juice - Liz
- Balsamic-marinated strawberries - Liz
- Monkey Bread - Stephanie
- Eggs Benedict - Maddie
- Fruit Salad - Maddie
- Spinach, bacon and more good stuff quiche - Autumn
- Lemon and blueberry coffee cake, topped with ice cream - Erin
- Potato pancakes - Lizzie
- Egg bake with sausage, onions and peppers - Petes (can't find the recipe I adapted!)
I left 9 pounds heavier, but it was totally worth it. Any ideas for the next theme?
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
(P.S. It's a little dark, but still awesome!)
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
And now, an iPad. And I LOVE my iPad.
While he has brought technology into my life, I have brought simple and chic aesthetic and design into his. Enter: This simple, yet classy iPad case. Whaddya think? Should I go for it or is there a better one you've seen out there?
(I'm also digging this one, but not worth $100!)
Monday, October 10, 2011
Friday, October 7, 2011
- Red fingernails
- The deep green color leaves turn when it rains
- Animals with pushed in faces
- A snuggly warm bed on a cold morning
- Joni Mitchell songs
- The prints I just bought for my bedroom
- Fun Friday night plans with great girlfriends
- My mother
- Using a free tall drink coupon, then receiving a free GRANDE drink in exchange
- Trying successful new recipes
P.P.S. I will not pretend that happy lists were my own brainchild. Rockstar Diaries was my inspiration.
P.P.P.S. I will definitely take new happy lists. If you want to send one, send away and I'll post! (for those without my other email: petesspeaks (at) gmail.com)
Thursday, October 6, 2011
My pictures don't do Olita's wedding decorations justice, but needless to say, they were simply gorgeous. The darling cake arrangment, candlelit room, homemade limoncello favors, table placards and even the table assignments board - where you take down your name strung from a rope and replace it with a fun mini-polaroid, all on top of one of their engagement photos! Brilliant, right? Bring it all together and you have yourself a lovely wedding.
Virtual high five, Olita! (Because you're still on your honeymoon, but for the record, I'm having major withdrawls.)
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
- Learn to sew.
- Take salsa dance lessons.
- Go abroad again – Greece, Costa Rica, French Polynesia? I'm open to anything.
- Grow and eat my own veggies and/or herbs.
- Read more books and finish the half-read ones.
- Run another marathon.
- Marry this fella.
- Reassess my 401K and retirement plan. Make sure I can retire at 35 :) (just kidding)
- Learn (some) Swedish.
- Learn to drive a stick shift better.
- Go on more Mom and Dad dates.
- Buy a nice SLR camera.
- Learn how to use said nice camera.
- Hike Mount Si.
- Go zip lining somewhere.
- Find a new hobby that I’m passionate about.
- Host a big Holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Brew beer (again).
- Pay off my car. (Both the Toyota loan and the Dad loan from catastrophe 2k9)
- Buy a house.
- Renovate a room in that said house. (Because the house I buy will likely need some prettification)
- Make homemade pasta, ravioli and gnocchi. (That’s a 3 for 1!)
- Give blood. I’m not afraid of needles, but I’ve never given blood. Why? I have no excuse.
- Go wine tasting in a new region – Walla Walla? Burgundy, France?
- Master a 5 course gourmet meal.
- Be better at sending snail mail.
- Get a kitty! (Joe and I decided we’d name him Carl-Gustav after the King of Sweden :))
- Complete a triathlon.
- Explore the idea of opening my dream shop: Wine not? (Filled with wine, cheese, goodies and more entertaining supplies!)
- Continue to grow my amazing relationships with family and friends because they are awesome.
What would be on your list?
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
(P.S. Like how I snuck 'beautiful home' in there?)