Friday, May 13, 2011

TGIFBV

Thank God It's Friday Before Vacation! In honor of my vacation (starting tomorrow!), two letters.

Dear Sweden,
Ever since I was a little girl, walking around in my clogs and braids, eating my Swedish flat bread, I've wanted to visit you. You were always this faraway, magical land that my Grandma spoke so fondly of - always trying to instill Swedish tradition into the lives of her grandchildren.

I have very high expectations. A city built on 14 islands connected by 57 bridges, also referred to as the Venice of the North. Baby moose farms. Family. Amazing architecture and chic design. One of the greenest countries in the world (Straubs, you would be in recycling heaven!). You gave us clogs, the nobel prize, IKEA, H&M, beautiful people and the modern zipper. How could you disappoint? Not to mention, I'll be tugging along my own personal translater :)

Can't wait to see you!
Erika


Dear Bloggy Blog,
Please don't hate me for ignoring you for the next couple weeks. I might be able to post here and there (via Joe's new iPad2!), but I'll be out and about with my new friend, Sweden. Don't you worry, once I get back, I'll be posting like mad about Sweden. Much like post-road trip. You'll love it.

Sincerely,
Petes

4 comments:

  1. Visit the glass blowing shop in Ostersund. They have the best wine glasses. Also, I would love a hunting knife picked out by my daughter made of Swedish steel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dad bought me a pair of glasses from there...they have the Crest from the town that grandma is from...love you...have the best trip. We need to arrange a potluck when you get back to share with your Aunties...they are jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you! Have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels!! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails