Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Peninsula fun.

My mom has told me I've been to the peninsula before, but it was YEARS ago, so I don't quite remember it. And since that's where Joe is from and he hasn't been back for over a YEAR, we decided to make the journey over yonder.

First stop: A picnic at Dungeness Spit. A 5.5. mile sand spit, jetting out into the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

I'm a tree hugger. For some reason, there is one log standing up straight and I liked it.

Can I take your order?

Then, we did a little driving tour of Sequim. Then, his hometown, Port Angeles, which was sprinkled with Twilight, including a Dazzled by Twilight store and latte stand featuring a "Vampire Kiss Latte". At night, we even went to Bella Italia for a glass of wine - the very same place Edward and Bella had their first date. Jealous? (Yes, I'm looking at you Kimber.)

The first night we did a little BBQ with his parents on their deck with a wonderful view of the water. Very relaxing.

On Monday (I took a day off for the trip!), we all hiked Hurricane Ridge. Oh my gosh, I didn't realize it would be so beautiful! I felt like I was in a different country, not my home state of Washington. The views were amazing. If you've never done it, I would definitely put it on your to-do list.

Final verdict on peninsula fun: Fantastic.
(I think his mom is pulling for me to convince him to go home more than once a year. I don't blame her.)

Don't we look painted on the background?

A bit cloudy, but still amazing.

2 comments:

  1. This is on my "To-do" list with Shaun when we're in WA! This and/or Whistler. Thanks for the enticing photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails