Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spinning, spinning, spinning


Today I tried spinning for the first time. Here are my thoughts:
  • Getting up at 5:45 is rough...
  • ... But totally worth it in the end.
  • Holy dehydration! I feel like I've had a few gallons of water today and I'm still thirsty.
  • I've never loved a fan so much. Teacher, please direct it my way?
  • If I hear, 'increase resistance' one more time... 
  • It's one helluva a cross-training activity.
  • Lady who went straight to the elliptical after class, you're intense! I went straight to my couch to recoup for a few minutes.
  • Having a friend at both sides helps. A quick "I feel your pain, but we can do this" glance really does go a long way. Thanks, Mads and Autumn!
  • You can burn between 400-600 calories in 45 minutes! 
  • Would it be bad to reward myself with 400-600 calories in chocolate? :)
 pic/via

2 comments:

  1. I spin regularly and I LOVE it! It's all about the music-- if the instructor's playlist is lame, the class seems SO much longer.

    And don't worry, your bum will get used to the seat after a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photo. I'm supposed to be the one on the left, right?

    So proud of us for doing it. It was a great workout, and I'm totally with you on the water. What the heck?

    Side note, I clearly dressed incorrectly, I should have worn my skirt and converse like the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails