Monday, May 21, 2012

Million Dollar Quartet

For my Mom's birthday back in March, I got her tickets to the Broadway show, Million Dollar Quartet. The show was about the legendary day in Rock n' Roll history when Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins all got together for a jam session at Sun Studios in Memphis, Tennessee. It was part history lesson, part comedy, part nostalgia (more for my Mom) and part concert. Throughout the whole performance, everyone around us was tapping their feet, twisting their shoulders and bobbing their heads to the tunes - no one could stay put in their seat! Needless to say, the show was surprisingly good.

But the day didn't end with the show - we also perused downtown, had happy hour at Pesos, got pedicures and ended the night with a bottle of rosé at my apartment. A perfect Saturday in my book. Hope you enjoyed the day too, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I soooooo enjoyed myself ...thank you my little swedeheart! Lymoa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day with your mom! I bet the music was great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails