Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fresh Air

I love the view from my office. But let me tell you, it can be torturous on those beautiful, sunny days. The sailboats, canoes, party barges and more. I can constantly hear them whisper, "Erika... come out and play..." I used to brush those whispers aside and buckle down at the task at hand...

But those days of ignoring the great outdoors are gone. Well, at least once a week. As I've said before, I'm making it my goal to get fresh air during the workday at least once a week. This is a big deal for my office, but I think it'll make me a happier, more productive worker. Yesterday, Olita, Katie and I took a quick 10 minute walk along the lake and it gave me the much-needed boost of vigor to make it through the rest of the day. (Plus, these adorable little girls brought a huge smile to my face!)

I might not have time to take a walk every week, but I think I can at least try to take a quick breather on the Starbucks patio or on the bench on the lake. I think it seems like a reasonable goal. I'm depending on my co-workers to keep me honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails