Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things I learned about my co-workers

Today we had a Seattle office staff meeting (well, and a firm-wide staff meeting this morning) and we were all acting like we were children. It was rather entertaining, but here are some of the things I learned:


  • A Senior Vice President confessed to watching Seasons 1-6 of Project Runway in less than a month.

  • A VP has 4 chickens, all named after first ladies. He also confessed to really enjoying the Real Housewives of NYC. Completely unexpected!

  • Another VP is getting married on Labor Day! So exciting!!

  • We learned about "foofing," an alternative to the sorority snaps as taught by a former sorority sweetheart. Yes, he was a sweetheart.

  • Another SVP wants to throw a Mad Men themed party. Count me in.

  • A new Seattlite (just moved from Texas) is learning about the process of recycling and is finding it challenging. You forget how second nature it is after living here for so long...

  • The year of "yes" - one co-worker is saying yes to anything he hasn't done for all of 2009. He probably should have kept this to himself because he was quickly bombarded with, "have you babysat?" "have you worked past 10pm?" "have you ever hosted a Mad Men themed party?"

Also, we got scrumptious cookies.


AND, the main account I work on is back in business.


AND, Kathryn, Susie and I got promoted! I know, I just posted about it, but I'm excited. Can you blame me?


AND, we're a funny group. I like us.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's like a fun game where I get to guess the name that goes with each fun fact.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails