Monday, August 31, 2009

I must have forgotten I am fair skinned.

I just don't tan.

Never have, never will.

I thought I had come to the realization my Senior year of college when I would join my friends to the tanning salons, only to come out a slighter redder version of myself. Not brown, no, never brown. Why it took me to long to learn this? I don't really know.

At that point, I decided to embrace my pale. And I figure, my 50-year-old self will appreciate my decision to wear sunscreen every single day.

However, I seemed to forget this marvelous idea when I was in Hawaii. While I went through 2.5 bottles of sunscreen and reapplied often, it apparently wasn't enough. I was told after the fact that 30 minutes in the Hawaiian sun is equal to 3 hours. Hmm, that would mean there were days that I spent like a bajillion hours in the sun. Ouch.

The 2nd day there was when I got scorched. More so than last time at Ryan's BBQ. We were surfing and the board must have rubbed all of my sunscreen, particularly right around my butt and stomach.

Ouch.

I blistered. I couldn't really sit without wincing for 3 days. It sucked. I'm now peeling like there's no tomorrow. It's not pretty.

But, I didn't let this affect any part of my fun! Just popped one of these and I was ready to take over the island.

BTW, the trip was amazing! More details to come.

Here's a before the burn shot.


1 comment:

  1. That beach looks so amazing! I am jealous, can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails