Monday, August 10, 2009

Turning of a new leaf


Dear Old Running Shoes,

First and foremost, thank you for the last two years. You've been there for my highs and lows, always providing me with the support I needed. Together, we've conquered mountains (65th) and found the strength to push through the pain (blisters). I'll never forget the victory we felt when we crossed the finish line; that moment will not soon be forgotten.

However, I've recently found support elsewhere. It's so hard for me to let you go, but I still would like to continue our relationship. Maybe you can join me at kickball on occassion? Or perhaps we can garden together? Whatever the case may be, just know that I truly am in debt to all that you have done for me.

Sincerely,
Erika

Dear New Running Shoes,

Man, I can't get over how good looking you are - one might even call you sizzlin', red hot! I'm so excited that we were introduced and am looking forward to our path ahead. I can already tell that your sole is tough, yet gentle - the perfect match for me.

I know this may be too soon, but would you be my date for Leavenworth? I understand it's quite a mountain to victory, but I feel like we can do it. I just feel like we've hit it off so quickly - I felt like I've known you forever as we trekked around Greenlake yesterday. I promise you won't regret it.

See ya later,
Petes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails