Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm Erika, the Beautiful!

Oops, I mean America, the Beautiful. (That one is for you, Maddie)

It's pretty well-known that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. You get to spend time with family and friends, eat good food, watch the amazing (read: cheesy) Samish Island parade, compete by trying to hit a golf ball in a boat out in the water, watch phenomenal fireworks (courtesy of Norm Nelson), bring home Maddie (she can't get enough of the pirate floats or maybe just the man who walks his goat with a beer in hand in the parade) and that's just the tip of the iceberg! I'm sure I'll report the details next week, but I just can't stop thinking about it now.

One thing I know for sure, never go to Gas Works Park for the fireworks. I mean, the show is pretty cool, but doesn't compensate for the treacherous crowds. It's so not even worth it. Some Seattle hippy was trying to have the show canceled due to "enviromental" reasons, but he lost that battle. Apparently, this is interesting enough for Colbert to report on - check it out. (It wouldn't let me embed it... or I'm just out of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails