Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF


My dad reminded me that he and my mom are headed to HAWAII in three weeks, so he asked for a list of all of the "must" try drinks in alphabetical order. I like where his mind is at: Drinks. That's usually where my mind is on a Friday after a loooong week. TGIF.

Then I started craving my favorite Hawaiian cocktail: The Lava Flow.

Ingredients
  • 1 oz. light rum
  • 1 oz. Malibu® coconut rum
  • 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
  • 2 oz. coconut cream


Preparation
Blend the 2 rums and the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste. Pour this mixture into a tall (Collins or Hurricane) glass. Rinse the blender. Blend the banana, the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth. Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums very slowly and watch as the strawberry mixture oozes its way to the top along the sides of the glass creating the flowing lava effect. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and paper umbrella.

Add a little sunshine and sandy beach. It's like heaven on earth.

pic source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails