Wednesday, October 14, 2009

beep. beep. beep.

No, not my alarm clock.

Not the microwave.

Not a passing car horn.

My smoke alarm.

For the past week, it has decided to beep at random. An hour increment here and there, but when it does, it beeps every minute on the minute. However, I feel like it might have a little sense of humor of its' own because it tends to beep most often an hour before I should/want to get up.

Beep. beep. beep.

I had tried to take it off the wall and press the reset button, but I never had enough time to actually solve the problem. Just a quick fix here and there. Finally, last night I was fed up. I managed to take it off the wall and did a little inspecting. It's not your typical alarm, it's a little updated/newish and I was afraid I was going to break it. But, I found the battery compartment and took it out. Ahhhh, silence.

Beep. WHAT??

Yes, even without a battery it still managed to beep one more time. I would imagine it was some sort of beeping obscenity.

Don't worry, I gave it the stink eye and it stopped. Now, it's still chillin' on my counter top. Who actually has 9V batteries on hand? Not me. Better get on that... But almost out of spite, I'm waiting.

The whole situation reminded me a lot of Phoebe's experience. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails