Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hollywood Confusion

Last night, I was all geared up and ready
to watch this movie called Nine.
You know, the musical that's been compared to the likes of Chicago and whatnot.
Nominated for a couple Golden Globes.
Starring big names like Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Fergie, Sophia Loren...


...then suddenly, this rather dark and gloomy movie started.
The movie was called Nine.
(Note: I didn't pick the movie, so I had no idea what I was getting into)
An animated flick about the end of humanity.
And these potato sack-like creatures running for their lives from giant machine-like creatures.

Seriously, Hollywood?

Release two completely different movies with the same name within months of each other?
Not a good move in my opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that was completely confused.

All in all, it was actually a pretty entertaining movie. I'm not sure exactly who it was made for because it would have scared the bejeezies out of my 6-year-old self, but that's how Hollywood rolls these days.

Next up, the musical Nine. I might need to convince a lady friend to watch it with me. Maybe?
via and via

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I want to watch Nine (not 9) - let me know if you want a movie-watching companion

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw NINE today heh in Poland we wait for movie long (i will be old and dead waiting xD) but i don't complain;) so i went to see it with my sister
    i love it... of coure because of of david day - lewis he was soo hot:D
    and penelopa GOD i say it to you...
    she like....xD she can make hetero girl i n bi in sec:P:P:P
    go and see yourself
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails