Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pigeon-toed snowshoer

Yep, I'm a pigeon-toed snowshoer.

Not sure exactly why, but my snowshoes kept creeping in at the top. (Well, it was probably my lack of experience getting my boots in the bindings...) After a little help, the problem was solved, but I definitely used a few muscles that aren't regularly used in the process.

But snowshoeing is oh-so-fun! It's not too tiring, but I still considered it cross-training. We also lucked out with some beautiful weather - the sky was clear and the sun was shining.

We "off-roaded" a bit to set-up a little picnic down by the water. (Yeah, we're rebels.) Despite having three layers, my butt was no match for the snowy ground. Thus, we ate in a hurry and headed back to the Snoqualmie State Park before the lions and tigers and bears, oh my, came out at night!

I dubbed the lake behind me, Lake Erika.
(What? It could be.)

Snowshoeing Extraordinaire.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails