Thursday, April 29, 2010

Food. It's what's for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Repeat.

It seems that my blog is turning into a food blog these days. Due to this, my appetite is out of control. I'm trying to be smart about it by only allowing healthy foods around me, but a few (cookies!) exceptions throw me off from time to time.

So last night as I was waiting for Maddie and Autumn to show up for our 7 miler, I found myself browsing my new cookbook and came across a recipe for an egg-white omelette with goat cheese and salsa. And as you would have it, I had ALL of the ingredients at home. It was out of this world good. Success.

Now, go home and make one for yourself. You won't regret it.

Ingredients
1/2 cup egg whites (from about 4 eggs)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
2 to 3 tablespoons salsa (Erika note: I used spicy pico de gallo and I think it was a magic ingredient)

Directions
In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites with 1 tablespoon water; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.

Heat olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg whites to skillet; cook until nearly set, using a flexible heatproof spatula to repeatedly pull in sides of omelet to allow uncooked egg to run underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.

Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and prepared salsa over the top. Gently slide omelet onto serving plate, folding it over by tipping skillet slightly.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so awesome! I'm starving right now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When can I expect that to be put on my table?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails