Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIholycraptomorrowistherace

Remember when I had a moment of temporary insanity? Yeah, the moment when I voluntarily signed myself up to run 26.2 miles. I must have a few screws loose.

Last year after my first half marathon, I wrote:

Where the full marathoners split, there was a man yelling, "Come to the dark side" and all I could think was, "Oh, hell no!"

Somehow I forgot about that moment and signed up for the race way back in DECEMBER. It's crazy to look back and see how far we've come. (My amazing running buddies and me.) How we have a bit of a skewed perception of long these days. "Oh 10 miles. Cake." A year ago, 10 miles was my longest training run. This year it was a random Wednesday run.

I can honestly say that this might feel like one of my greatest accomplishments yet. I'd put it up in the "graduating from college" level of accomplishments. Partially because until last year, I had never really considered myself a runner and my max run would be a jaunt around Green Lake. Now, I can run 26.2 miles (knock on wood).

So send me your good running vibes and get my wheelchair ready at the finish line because I'm ready to run*!


**I think.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Erika! You have worked SO hard and now it'll all pay off! You should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this, Erika. I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! This is an amazing accomplishment - you'll do great tomorrow. Just say in your mind "just keep running, just keep running" like Dory from Finding Nemo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails