Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Petes eats fish. A lot of it.

Hands down, one of my favorite recipes from the recipe bible. And that's comparing to even the Easter risotto, Greek lamb burgers, and egg white omelette with goat cheese and salsa!

Stephanie has been touting it for awhile and when my Dad sent me home with freshly-caught cod (from Deception Pass) this weekend, I had to give it a try. (BTW, thanks Dad! I'll have to make this for you sometime.)

And boy, am I glad I did! The fresh, grated ginger gives it an amazing flavor that makes me want to eat until I can't fit a single bite more in my tummy. And then take like a dozen more bites just for good measure. It's that good. Oh, and it's SUPER easy.


Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions

Ingredients
4 skinless cod fillets, (6 to 8 ounces each)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
Coarse salt and ground pepper
6 scallions, green parts cut into 3-inch lengths

Directions
In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.

Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with coarse salt and ground pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.

Meanwhile, cut green parts of 6 scallions into 3-inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook (covered) until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you have made that statement, " I'll have to make it for you", a one or more times before. I'm going to hold you to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha. I really DO need to make this for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails